Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Simon Says become an Acrobat!

"The poet like an acrobat climbs on rime to a high wire of his own making." ~ Lawrence Ferlinghetti

“The politician is an acrobat; he keeps his balance by doing the opposite of what he says.”

~ Maurice Barres


"You definitely have to be young and fit to be an acrobat."
~ Don Hughes




The theme for today's Lensday is acrobatic.. I guess we think of people flipping and swinging from the highest high in a circus tent when we hear the word acrobat.. I personally think of the clowns tumbling head over heels that we saw when we carried Anthony to the "real" circus when he was a curly headed seven year old.. that was my first and only trip to the "real" circus..I was as much in awe as he was.. at 26 years old.. I still thought I could do those tricks..I even thought about running away to join the circus.. I then remembered the elephant poop scoopers who were on the tail end of the animal parade to the civic center.. they had these huge shovels.. deep and wide.. I could plainly see their squenched up frown beneath the big red painted smile.. I could imagine myself being forced to scoop up elephant Poop in city after city.. I decided I was too old to be an acrobat... But maybe.. just maybe there is still a way that I can I can force others to become acrobats......

Acrobat~
1. One who is skilled in feats of balance and agility in gymnastics.
2. One who changes one's viewpoint on short notice in response to the circumstances.

acrobatic~ vigorously active;
"an acrobatic dance"; "an athletic child"; "athletic playing"; "gymnastic exercises": "Playing Simon says when Patsy is Simon!"

Wow.. beginning with 25 players we are down to only 6 .... Simon says hop on one foot.. hop on two feet.. Liz.. I got you.. you're out!

walk.. Simon says walk.. run.. Simon says clap.. jump.. Oh you're out! JR! you are out..

do a cart wheel.. lay down.. Simon says turn left.. turn right.. Hannah ! you're out too..

Stand on one foot.. sing.. cry.. Simon says clap.. do a flip.. walk on your hands.. Simon says run in place.. Stop.. Lindsay that's you.. you're out too..

Simon says stop.. sit down on the ground.. wait?! only two left?.. time to get acrobatic here..close your eyes.. Simon says swing your arms.. Simon says shake your head.. run.. skip.. hop.. Simon says hop on both feet.. stop.. Simon says stop.. pick up one foot..do a back flip.. take a baby step.. Simon says take a baby step.. Simon says take a giant step backwards..tumble and fall... Simon says pick up one foot.. Pick up the other one! Martha.. You are OUT!

But hey you did great for the oldest one in the game... maybe I should have to get you out twice since you have Grayson on your hip.... and Emily is my child.. lots of practice being weird..
Have a great day!
Patsy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it...
~loves2ride

Unknown said...

you really do know how to give a visual to your reader patsy. even if you hadn't provided a pic, i would've still been able to see your words. hugz!

Anonymous said...

Dear Author patsyblacksawyer.blogspot.com !
Completely I share your opinion. In it something is and it is excellent idea. It is ready to support you.