Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quick Snap! Lunch!

“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper” ~ Adelle Davis

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch. " ~ Orson Welles

"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon. "
~ Ronald Reagan




Lunch!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here’s the next Quick Snap challenge – the theme is Lunch!
Yesterday we took a break from our every day routine.. we slept late.. the we loaded up and took off for the Gardens in a nearby town. On the way we passed a car show.. Dave flipped around and went back for that..There were a lot of cars there but this one was my favorite.. It is Purple inside and out.. I like purple..

There was an educational tent set up with snakes and alligators and a few turtles at the back of the car show.. I tried to get Mason to hold a snake but he really wasn't interested in that.. I did convince him to just touch one.. they also had a small carnival set up.. but at five bucks a ride we would have needed a treasure chest of cash to

have enjoyed it..and there is no way I would pay five bucks to slide down a slide.. everybody knows I am way to stingy for that.. so after we walked around and looked at everything and Mason picked up a duck and got a Prize...off we headed to the gardens..


we walked around the gardens enjoying the statues and the huge koi fish in the ponds...we walked through the museum in the old carriage house with it's jockey uniforms and antique horse saddles.... Mason and Dave walked on the Life labyrinth..full of twists and turns supposed to represent the ever changing journey of life. . I made pictures and thought about LUNCH!!



Finally it was time for LUNCH!! Fast Food was a treat for Dave and I since we almost never eat away from home!.. I even got a laugh.. I laid out my burger and adjusted my fries just so.. I noticed that two of the workers were taking a break at a table next to me and they were watching me very close as I had set my camera on the table to begin with..after taking several pictures I heard one of them say to the other.. " We mighta just got a big fat F... that right there is a mystery shopper... I hope them crazy things put her burger together right.." I didn't correct them.. they smiled and grinned at us the entire time we ate.. I guess they were hoping for an A+ in friendliness... I didn't have the heart to tell them I was just making a picture for a blog entry.. they were trying so hard to win an approving report.. I even came home and went to the company web-sight and remembering their names from their name tags... bragged on them both.. I guess in way I was a mystery shopper.. ((Mystery shopper~ a person who goes to fast food places and/or other shops.. making a purchase and then filling out a questionnaire provided by the company of overall satisfaction.. friendliness of employees ect..))

We had a great day.. Even the fast food was tasty.. I wouldn't want it everyday but when you are taking a break from the normal routine.. it makes a fast and filling Lunch!
Have a wonderful day!
Patsy





5 comments:

Unknown said...

i WANT that car! what a magnificent set of wheels! mason is more brave than i, i would never touch a snake! i would've probably done the same thing as you and bragged those employees up. if they do a good job, they should be acknowledged. have a great night my friend...hugz!

Pblacksaw said...

I wanted to sit in it.. Ya think? No way they had signs up everywhere that said Look But DO NOT TOUCH!.. Tehehe I touched it though.. what can I say i had to..
Have a great night my friend!
Patsy

Big Time said...

I ain't touching no snake. Not with my hands anyway....

Anonymous said...

The burger looks yummy! Is it Wendy's?? I am starving! Glad you had a great day...but no snakes for me either!
~loves2ride

Pblacksaw said...

Big Time~ well I couldn't look like a woos in front of Mason and I wanted that picture of him touching a snake.. it felt weird but we agreed it wasn't yucky like we thought..

loves2ride~ yep it was Wendy's.. I know people there thought I must be nuts making pictures of my food.. the workers thought I was a mystery shopper..

thanks to all who visited me today!
patsy