Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What is that Thing?

"Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all the others were
making ships.
"~ Charles Simic

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. "
~ Mitch Hedberg

"But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean. "
~ H.P. Lovecraft

What in the world is that thing ???
Where is it found? What is it used for? Is it something useful? Have you ever used one? Do you recognize this?? I bet someone does..

Welcome to another of my what is it Tuesdays.. I think someone will know what this is.. someone has used this very same one many.. many times.. I have.. and I could name a few people who read this that also have..and I wouldn't be scared to say that a lot of you who will look at this have used one just like this one or at least one very similar.. so give it a good looking over.. then take a gander at what it is.. It doesn't cost a thing to guess.. Please leave me a comment with your guess and I'll be back tomorrow to post another picture and to tell everyone what it really is.. will someone guess this week? Will that someone be you?? Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Patsy..

Update~ The what is it this week was the stairs in the lighthouse at Hunting Island State Park... The picture was made from the top looking down..I have loved that lighthouse ever since I first saw it when I was a little girl.. We used to climb it over and over.. when I grew up I carried my children there to wear their little legs out climbing it.. over and over..
Now as to who got it right.. I was talking to Emily on the phone.. trying to hear her while it was beeping.. Martha calling.. Emily was saying it was the lighthouse stairs.. Martha was calling to say it was the lighthouse stairs.. I declare that yall are both right and tied...
Have a great day!!
Patsy

8 comments:

Big Time said...

Looks like some type of knitting machine or something. Love you!

Mott said...

I think it is the staircase in the lighthouse at Hunting Island. Am I right????? Love you.

Emily's Snapshots said...

It is the stairs to the lighthouse. Just so you know I had it first.

Unknown said...

i'm going to say a can opener...lol, don't know why, but that's my guess...hehehe.

Sunshine said...

I am going to guess a staircase of somekind.

Mott said...

Emily, YOu might have though it first but I wrote it first..... LOL

Mott said...

Emily, I meant to say "thought it first" My bad. You know that's how I Rollin.....

Pblacksaw said...

Big time~ It does LOOK like the works of a knitting machine.. one of those little round ones like we used to knit snakes with.. a tube knitter.. called knit wit! but it is he steps inside the light house at Hunting Island..

PJ~ good guess.. it LOOKS like that too.. hehehe in fact it LOOKS like a lot of things..

Sunshine~ you are right.. it is stairs..I helped everyone this time.. check the quotes..

Thanks to everyone who visits here.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy