Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Water~ water everywhere.. And not a drop to Drink!

"A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature." ~Henry David Thoreau

"The sea pronounces something, over and over, in a hoarse whisper; I cannot quite make it out." ~Annie Dillard

"The true peace of God begins at any spot a thousand miles from the nearest land."
~Joseph Conrad



Today it has rained all d
ay long.. I'm not complaining.. we need the rain.. I love rain.. it is also cooler.. I love cooler too.. So with all the rain and water standing in muddy puddles around the yard.. it is fitting that the Lens Day Challenge for this week is water. As it happens.. I can ...as they say "kill two birds with a single stone" today!
I can do Sepia Scenes and Lens day together this week.. Not often am I able to make one set of Pictures work like this.. These Pictures were on one of three rolls of film that I found while cleaning out some boxes that were left behind when Cooper moved out.. The other two rolls were heat exposed and worthless.. Dave was Happy to see these photographs that he had forgotten about making....Dave made these pictures on a fishing trip he took with the a group of guys from his job.... They turned out pretty good and looked even better as Sepia Prints..

I am thinking I may print these and frame them to go in the new guest room we are currently making from Coopers old room.. Did you notice the chairs along the bank in the last picture??.
I would love to sit there and watch the boats as they go up and down the channel.. I could watch the ducks swim by and listen to the birds sing from the trees nearby..... Dave could fish for our supper and I could crochet..or knit..read or write poems.. I could even make pictures..We could enjoy resting together beside the water.. Have a great day!
Patsy

10 comments:

Ralph said...

The lake looks relaxing in sepia. The subtle monochrome lets us look at the water and banks without distraction. Nice!

EG CameraGirl said...

What a wonderful find. They look very good in sepia!

Carletta said...

When I first looked at these I thought they had a film look - guess so. :)
I think they are wonderful in sepia. I'm so with you in sitting in those chairs - blissful fun.
Very nice sepia post!

Anonymous said...

I could sit in those chairs all day long...
~loves2ride

Unknown said...

it's too bad that 2 rolls were ruined, bet there were some great pics on them also. love the sepia and one of my absolute favorite things to do is to sit by the river and do nothing...

hugz my friend!

kayerj said...

nice post, I enjoyed the story behind your pictures. They look great in sepia.

If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Heidi said...

I love the first quote that you posted! Very though provoking. And what great pictures. Its always fun to develop film that you find tucked away. You never know what you will find.
I think your dream of fishing and knitting sounds like a fabulously relaxing life!
Great photo's in Sepia!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Anonymous said...

Gone fishin' - Sounds like a plan!

Happy week

Cruise Addict said...

I love Sepia as well as Black and White. For some reason the pictures look more relaxing and you tend to look at articles in the picture more clearly. Or it could just be me ;-)

Pblacksaw said...

manoverboard~ must be me too then..

Tricia~ I don't actually fish.. I love to go though.. I sit in a chair or on a bucket and talk to Dave and usually knit something.. But I do love going fishing..lol..

Heidi~ I love quotes.. I have books and books of quotes..

Kaye~ Thanks.. I loved my visit to your sight..

PJ~ we used to go a lot but any more we almost never take a day for "rivering"..maybe we should make a plan for that..

loves2ride~ I see two chairs there.. Dave will stand to fish most of the time anyway.. Want me to move my junk out of the other one for you??

Carletta~ Thanks.. I agree that they look better in sepia.. one of them has sort of a Gilligan's Island look.

Tour guide~Dave was tickled with the find..he had forgotten all about making them.. I must have loaned the camera to Coop.. kids just toss our stuff around.. thanks for stopping by..

Ralph~ It does look calm and relaxing in sepia.. This is actually a canal between two lakes.. they have camps there where they book deep water fishing tours in the lakes..Sometimes.. They pull up catfish as big as Hogs....

Thanks for all who stopped by..
Have a great day!!
Patsy