Monday, October 5, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays!!!

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw

"Peace is not won by those who fiercely guard their differences but by those who with open minds and hearts seek out connections." ~Katherine Paterson

"I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill."
~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moody Monday has their theme listed today as the word Shameful..

1. causing or meriting shame or disgrace; disgraceful
2. giving offense

I must admit that I never really thought of shameful as a mood.. I have searched every inch of this borrowed computer and thankfully I didn't find any pictures of anything I considered a shameful act..
I did find this one Of Emily.. I'm not sure rather this one is awe.. shock.. or shame.. I'm voting for shame.. I'm just glad this is the most shameful thing I could find.. Thanks Em.. Once again you have proved that I did a good job.. I don't think I have shameful kid out of the whole lot.. Now me on the other hand... I may have done some shameful things in my life.. I may have even had photo's of some of them.. But if I did they are trapped in the lifeless hard-drive of my poor deceased computer.... No evidence.. no shame!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shameful ~( an acrostic poem)

scandalous..sleazy..
humiliating distress
appalling.. atrocious
mean mannered at best
embarrassing expressions
flagrantly foul
upsetting mutterings
loathsome and loud..

Written By: Patricia Sawyer

10-5-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today has been a typical Monday.. It has rained all day.. ever since last night really..a nasty dreary misting rain.. a heavy clinging mess... The chickens hate it.. they get damp and fussy.. they don't lay as many eggs when its like this.. The dogs hate it.. they bark from inside their houses.. every once in a while a howling wail thrown in just to remind us that they are out there..
on the other side of the yard behind the heavy mist of dreariness.. The house birds flutter from the roosting sticks to their nest box and back again.. they puff up their feathers and chirp to each other.. in the cages that are side by side they will each sit on the side closest to the next bird.. Almost as if they are keeping each other warm .. even the pig has been fussy today.. I went in and out between showers to feed everyone and gather eggs.. Every time I went the pig hurried to the door of her pen.. waiting for me to offer her a sweet.. I wasn't worried about a treat for the pig.. I was mainly trying to feed everyone without catching a death of the cold or flu myself..
on My last trip out there just before dark.. Pork chop squealed and carried on like a crazy thing..
running back and forth and squealing at me... I was wondering what on earth was her problem when I realized she was pushing her food bowl in my direction.. She still had some good old Hog ration in her dish.. I wondered if she were trying to get me to bring her an apple.. I came inside and hurried back with a sliced apple for her.. she took the first slice from my hand and then the second and third.. grunting and oinking as she chomped on them.. I offered her another slice but she just grunted and lay down to rut with her nose in the soft ground..Just as I was shutting her door the bottom fell out and I got a cold shower of heavy rain.. I ran for the house.. slipping and sliding my way across a wet yard.. chickens clucking and squawking as I ran.. It was like they had planned it and were laughing at me as I ran for the house..it was shameful what I said to those hens.. and just as I got inside the rain slowed back down to it's steady heavy drizzle.. and how has your Monday been?
Have a great day!
Patsy

5 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, yuck! Okay, I won't complain about how chilly we are here--I think you and your animals have got me beat. :)

Anonymous said...

Pork Chop should be ashamed of herself...making you get all wet just for a piece or two of apple. I can tell she will be treated special. That is fantastic! :) I hope your Tuesday will be much better!
~loves2ride

Unknown said...

hehehe, your writing is so good that i actually saw everything you wrote. sorry bout laughing, but i just couldn't help it. we have been having that same kind of rain here also for the last couple of days. pretty dreary. everything is green though and i haven't seen that here for quite a few years. have a wonderful day my friend...hugz!

Pblacksaw said...

Lin~ I love my animals and didn't really mind.. We aren't cold yet.. I think it's coming though..


Loves2ride~ She does love apple and sweet potato too.. She is doing great.. Tomorrow.. if nothing happens.. she will be getting a new pen made from wood.. she squeals at me when I go out there because she knows I will bring her a treat sometimes.. My fault really..

PJ~ It's OK if you laughed.. I bet I made a funny sight.. trying to outrun the rain and hitting a wet and slippery spot.. I sorta skid-skipped.. slid sideways for a few feet.. I fully expected to bust my butt but amazingly I stayed on my feet.. I love seeing green.. My place is a jungle pretty much of overgrown plants.. My ex named it the rubber bucket jungle and part of the name has stuck.. everyone says I live in a bucket jungle.. I should really do pictures of it all again soon..

Thanks to everyone who visited me today! Have a great day!
Patsy

A Lil Enchanted said...

It's been raining for a few days here as well... I'm ready for some sun and fall colors!

I left you an award over on my blog :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~