Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Three Words ~ One Haiku

"Suit the action to the word, the word to the action." ~ William Shakespeare

"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend"
~ Henry David
Thoreau

"The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.
" ~Napoleon Bonaparte

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Three Word Wednesday gives us three words each week.. We are then asked to think the words over and write something from those three words.. I am a nut for words.. I like to try and put together something from as few words as I can.. there are no set rules for what we must write.. I think it can be a story or a poem or even just a regular everyday post...Next we are asked to link our work to them by commenting and to link them to us..either by Button or by a link as I have above... finally we are asked to visit the web sights of others who have also written something and to comment and share our thoughts with other writers..

Tonight's three words were~

Incubate~ To develop and hatch

Nightmares~
vivid, frightening dreams

Vanity~ inflated pride in oneself or one's appearance


this is my haiku! please enjoy!
Patsy


~Tales Around the Fire~

nightmares incubate
as vanity chokes on fear ~
I roast marshmallows

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-28-2009

6 comments:

Daily Panic said...

this made me laugh! ghost stories bonfires and marshmallows- perfect.

Tumblewords: said...

s'more, s'more! This is very clever and fun!

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

love a good campfire, where tales are swapped. Good stuff.

PJD said...

For some reason, Ghostbusters came into my head after reading this one.

swapna said...

I could imagine the tales going around the fire, you roasting marshmallows and eerie fear choking vanity.

Pblacksaw said...

Daily~ sounds fun doesn't it..

Tumblewords~ I love those things..

ThomG~ I do too and I can tell some Creepy stories..

PJD~ I loved that movie.. who ya gonna call?

swapna~ these words worked well for me..