Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It can't get much Weirder!!

"Action is at bottom a swinging and flailing of the arms to regain one's balance and keep afloat. " ~Eric Hoffer

"Every man should view himself as equally balanced: half good and half evil. Likewise, he should see the entire world as half good and half evil.... With a single good deed he will tip the scales for himself, and for the entire world, to the side of good. " ~Moshe ben Maimon

"Strength of character does not consist solely in having powerful feelings, but in maintaining one's balance in spite of them." ~ Carl von Clausewitz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In the city .. sometimes walls don't even look like walls.. This weird wall belongs to a Chapel in Dallas Texas ..

This is a wall of Trams... also in Dallas Texas..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




words for today are~ Eclipse ... Languish ... Velocity


Behind the Wall

Willfully erected..obstructing..
emotional velocity halted..
Armor.. imprisoning..
safe and secure.. spiritless..
Layers of pain.. eclipse
and enclose..restricting ..
Languish not behind the wall..
surrender to the magnitude of emotion..
Escape the enchantment of safety..
passions unleashed.. fireworks erupting
Delight in the wonder of Love..
thrill to the sensations of life!
~ rejoice as the bricks tumble..
~ shout as the wall falls....

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-23-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weird Laws


1:}~ In Mesquite, Texas it is illegal for kids to have unusual haircuts.
~ I kinda understand this law... I think it should also include weird colors like pink and green and even allow parents to make them wear a weird homemade watermelon costume if they color their hair pink and green striped... or a weird alien costume if they decide on blue and silver..All my kids had beautiful hair.. before they discovered the so called art of coloring it weird colors...

2:}~ In Oklahoma, people who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and jailed.
~ Dave is a wonderful man.. until he sees a dog that he wants to "stare down" and acts all weird.. I don't understand what makes him decide to try this every once in a while.. I have seen dogs whimper and whine and crawl away from him.. I have also seen them try to eat him and bark and growl.. with their ears laid back as if they have spotted a weird monster..I hope he remembers this weird law in case we ever find ourselves in Oklahoma.. How weird would it be to go to jail for making "ugly faces" at dogs? I can just see Dave telling that weird fact to the other inmates....

3:}~In Cleveland, Ohio, women are forbidden from wearing patent leather shoes, lest men see reflections of their underwear... OK this law is really weird and stupid.. Don't men in Ohio have better things to do than to stare into women's shoes hoping for a reflection from their drawers? What if they don't wear underwear? Can they then wear patent leather shoes since they wouldn't have an underwear reflection? How weird does a man have to be to try and look at an underwear reflection anyway? They can go into any shopping mall and look at and touch underwear.. Why get a kink in their neck trying to get a reflection from some out of style patent leather shoe?? Next time I go to Ohio I better not catch any weird man trying to see a reflection of my drawers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weird Questions!!


1:-} ~You are standing in line (grocery store, bank, etc.), and someone gets in line behind you that stinks. The smell is so bad that people in line in front of you turn around and look at you as if you are the one they smell. Do you cover your nose, hold your breath, breathe through your mouth or just get out of line altogether? ~ It would be weird for me not to look at them and say.. "damn BO .. you stink!" If someone stinks as bad as this weird question says.. then their nose must be broke.. I would have no problem telling the lookers to quit looking at me either.. I am weird in that I don't care what the public thinks of me too much.. I am not holding my breath to stand in some line.. is there another line I can move too? Is this place weird and has only one line? How long is this line? Why would I be weird and breath through my mouth ? Man you can taste smells.. It would be weird to be willing to taste a stink that was too bad too smell..
Maybe I can come back later..

2:-} ~If we were to call your 6Th grade teacher, what would they say about you? ~ That might be a weird phone call since I know a couple of my 6Th grade teachers are dead.. One recently applauded me as I read a poem about Rosa Parks at the Local Black History celebration... and the rest for some weird reason moved away after they taught me.. If you could find them and they are still alive.. they would tell you what a wonderful and smart girl I was.. and they would be weird and say I talked too much in their class.. when report cards came out Daddy always looked at the back of mine first.. That's where they always tattled on me for talking.. I don't know why they were so weird.. I was only trying to help the kids who didn't understand what was going on.. without me they would have fell behind.. then the teacher got all weird and tattled on me..

3:-} ~ What does your sibling do for a living? ~ I wish one of them had some weird and glorious job.. that would serve you right for always being weird and asking nosy questions.. why do you care what my family does for a living? Are you some weird tax person or something? #1-Electrician... #2-Housewife/daycare provider.. #3- electrician.. #4- HP- something to do with power plants and outages.. (call me weird I don't know what he really does..)... #5-Good cop/bad cop- depends on what your weird behind did.. #6-I go here.. I'm a weirdo/ housewife/chicken keeper/quail-raiser and a writer.. #7-special agent to the weird and crazy people watchers/spy/something weird that we can't talk about..( he might be watching you!)..
#8- payroll/book keeper/secretary/employee advocate...are we weird enough for you?

4:-} ~Do you know the names of every member of the family who lives next door to you? ~How weird.. Do you know Janet and Rene' and their sons Jason and Josh?? How weird!! I know the names of the couple who has lived there ever since I moved here.. I know their kids names and the names of their oldest sons wife and their children.. I never met the other son's wife though I know he has one and a child.. I have lived here for 17 years and have been inside their house once.. they have never been inside mine although we often speak if we are all outside at the same time... We are all weird.. in fact the entire neighborhood is weird like that.. I know the names of all of the family members that have been here all along.. I know some of the in-laws ..we live next door to each other .. we are not friends really.. It might sound weird to you.. It works for us.. I think all five of the neighborhood families might be weird just like me.. We once had a family who moved in and lived here for 4 years and I am the only person who ever spoke to them... I gave them veggies from my garden.. They said we were all weirdos when they left.. that lot has stayed vacant .. one of the neighbors bought it so that it would stay vacant.. YES!! I SAID!! WE ARE WEIRD!

5:-} ~If someone said they would pay you ten million dollars to have sex in a mud puddle behind the local funeral parlor.. what would be the first thing you would buy? Why am I surprised that you would ask me something weird like this? Why do they call them funeral Parlors? I think that is a weird name for the place myself.. Has it been raining or are they making a special mud puddle just for the weird event? You ask this weird question as if it is a given that I am accepting this weird offer.. Who am I having sex with? Do I get to choose or is the weird person who will join me already chosen? How will they know if I had sex in the mud puddle? Is some weirdo watching? Am I going to be paid in cash? I will tell you straight up that I am buying a new computer first.. then a new car.. no wait.. Maybe I'll be weird and get a truck instead.. but unless I'm being paid in cash and can bring my own partner.. never mind.. It would be too weird to have sex in a mud puddle with a stranger..


Now that I am done with the weird questions for today.. I have got to tell you that This week has been so weird.. ever since last week really.. Dave's sister was here and we had a great time.. kids in and out.. Mason here for the week-end.. every time I left my computer and came back it was blank.. I was about to decide that for some weird reason someone or even a weird computer booger was deleting all my work.. That would have been weird but I was almost ready think it even so.. Then Monday my computer worked like a charm.. I was proud of it.. I wrote a blog and did some other writing.. I did all my entrecard stuff and played some games...
I went to bed thinking maybe it liked me again.. Then yesterday morning I woke up and came in here to a black screen that when I moved my mouse changed to say only NTSDR(or some letter combo at least) Compressed.. Press ctrl alt del to attempt restart.. What does that weird mess mean??? It means my computer died.. I had a spare but it doesn't run the DSL/ATT software.. wont' and can't because it is older than dirt.. Yes! I am computer-less.. Can you even begin to understand how weird that feels?? Dave has finally got the chance to take mine to the hero's at the saw mill who he thinks can fix and revive even a dead computer.. right now I am praying he is right and fearing that he will be wrong.. I have my eye on one that a friend has to sell.. It won't be brand new but new is out of the question right now.. I am writing this blog on Emily's laptop.. My daughter loves me.. she knows I'll be nuts without my writing.. she has loaned me her own personal computer for a few days..

I have always thought I wanted one of these tiny weird computers .. Now I am not so sure...They are WEIRD!!! They are tiny and everything is glued together.. I can't turn the keyboard to suit my weird taste..or tilt the monitor at some weird angle... The keyboard only has numbers on the top...Yesterday I was scared of it .. I know that is weird but It looks and acts different...I wasn't about to try that little touching box thing.. They hooked me up with a tiny teeny mouse.. That too is weird..but I have almost figured it out.. today I have managed to read my mail and write this blog.. I was scared because all of my widgets and buttons for the different blogs are on my computer and may never be recovered from it.. Even all of my carefully scanned pictures are most likely gone.. How was I going to do a Lensday Post with no Photo's?? Emily had mentioned that she had a lot of pictures on her laptop...hmmmm.. Thanks Em.. I borrowed a few pictures...and made me a folder that I filled with some widgets and buttons and stuff... I guess this tiny little thing isn't so weird after all..

Have a great day!!
Patsy

7 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

Nice acrostic

Big Time said...

Those were some weird questions. They have to ask the sex ones don't they? Love you. Reuben

maglomaniac said...

I agree.The acrostic was wonderful.
And man the puddle weird question's explanation was quite hilarious.Sex in a puddle?Man,who thinks of such qs.

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

~Harsha

Anonymous said...

Patsy, my sixth grade teacher is still teaching the 6th grade at the same middle school and my middle son is in her class! She does look really great for her age! LOL...She would have a lot say about me...I was never quiet!

I always love your posts! Glad you have a computer to use!

~loves2ride

Pblacksaw said...

Just someone~ Thanks!

Bigtime~ I think "they" might be weird?! I guess they could go a week without a sex question.. they did once I think.. I might as well answer them it's not like my kids read this.. they think I'm old a dumb.. I do try to avoid the worst ones though.. I love you!

Maglomaniac~ thanks for stopping by..I am glad you had a laugh..I like acrostics.. The questions come from many different people.. There is always at leadt one sexual one.. I avoid the very worst and weirdest ones..

Loves2ride~ Thanks... some of my teachers might still be teaching.. i know of a few that were when My children went through the school system.. They were glad when my kids were out.. I could be a problem if they didn't suit me.. I always backed a teacher up if she was right.. but we went through a time here when we had morons running things at the school.. This laptop is only a loaner.. I have to find one quick.. I would wear hers out and I can't do that..My horoscope said today was the day to ask for what I want.. Wonder if it will help to ask for a computer?? and who do I ask in order to get it??..Hahaha..

Have a great day!
Patsy

A Lil Enchanted said...

Patsy I'm so sorry to hear about your computer.... I would cry and cry some more if mine died :( And you are right... laptops are weird... they take some getting used to. I prefer my desktop... but sometimes it would be nice to be more mobile with my computing. I hope they can find a way to revive it for you... at least long enough to get you treasures off of it.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Unknown said...

"Patsy's Words of Wisdom." has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/09/sites-to-see_25.html