Thursday, September 17, 2009

Three things for Thursday!

“If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.” ~ Mary Pickford


“Waste not fresh tears over old griefs” ~ Euripides


“Love and eggs are best when they are fresh” ~ Russian Proverb



# 1~} Thursday Challenge~ today's word FRESH!

(Today's Fresh eggs with Garden Fresh veggies!)


# 2~} Thankful Thursday! ~ I find that I have so many things to be thankful for.. I feel that I am guilty of overlooking things that should be considered blessings... Today I am thankful for good friends...a big family.... and fresh ideas... ( not to mention the aforementioned...fresh eggs!)

# 3 ~} a poem
~ a little on the dark side~
from a word list ~ spattering; pallid
; masquerades; quench;
veiled; bound; warily; shadow; wolf; mask; betrayed; emotion;
strobe; perfumed; somber~ There was no name attached to this list
and the person stated that they would like to remain anonymous....
Thank you for the list and I hope you like what I did with your words...


Homeward Bound

powdered and perfumed
she awaited darkness warily
resting on the lonely bench
not a single emotion betrayed
her lost future reflected
only by the shadow of time
the careful spattering
of ruby on pallid cheeks
sunset settled silently
into the nights chilly air
searching for the next fix
to quench his raging thirst
a wolf in banker's mask
drives a Mercedes to her fate
perfect teeth flash a wicked smile
in a single strobe of light
songbirds sing a somber song
as she masquerades innocence
she was found in sweet September
abandoned unmercifully by the smile
broken dreams and promises
veiled by millions of sticky scarlet leaves
released at last from addictions grasp
the runaway heads home.....

written by: Patricia Sawyer
9-13-2009



Thanks to everyone who stopped by my blog today.. I have shared three things with you that I hope you have enjoyed.. Take a fresh look around your world today.. breath some fresh air.. do you need a fresh start? Would you like to share some fresh Ideas? any comments welcomed.. Have a great day!
Patsy


2 comments:

Big Time said...

Could you cook me a few of those eggs with some of the fresh veggies? I will be right over. I love you. Reuben

Pblacksaw said...

Big time~ Sounds good.. I love you
Patsy