Friday, September 25, 2009

What a Week!

“The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise.”~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

"That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on for all time to come. Don't spend your life accumulating material objects that will only turn to dust and ashes. "
~ Denis Waitley

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten." ~ Neil Gaima

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Weekend Wordsmith
offers the word ashes as the word of this week.. That word was offered by someone else to me as a prompt for a short poem not too long after we fulfilled a promise to my beloved nephew Shane.. The following is my poem from that
Prompt....


Ashes to Ashes

cremations mourners sing
red tailed hawk follows
daisies downstream

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-10-2008


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Frustrations offers us a chance to vent.. I could blow my top and might still have some left over frustrations....I am so grateful that today is Friday and thus ends a long and frustrating week.. I haven't had a week so long and frustrating in a long time.. But even the worst of times move on..and this week really needs to move on!! My Grandma Morris once said "If wishes were horses; everyone who ride!" to which my Daddy replied.. "And if a frog had a glass ass he would only hop one time..." This week I have felt like the frog with the glass ass... I have been lost without my own computer and I feel so bad hat I have lost pictures and stuff again.. I'm a moron.. I downloaded from the camera and kept planning to make a disk.. I had unfinished writing projects on there.. I had unprinted scrapbook pages on there too.. I have kicked myself a million times already.. Someone left me a comment that they would cry if their computer died.. believe me I have cried and cried some more.. I am thankful to My baby girl Em that she recognizes the state of desperation I would be in without a computer at all.. I hate using anything that belongs to someone else.. But still I am thankful she has loaned me her laptop for a few days.. yesterday I made a comment on facebook that if everyone on there gave me a dollar I could get me a brand new jam up and jelly tight Computer. I was shocked when not a living soul offered me a buck.. Oh well.. something will turn up.. I actually had a spare computer but it hasn't been updated in a long long time.. it has no Ethernet port.. it is obsolete.. again I am a moron.. I should have updated the spare as I updated the one I used.. I was a betting person I'd run out right now and spend a dollar for a lottery ticket.. on the other hand with the way my luck has been this week.... when I scratched it off it would say I owed them money! Dave is right now trying to get something.. anything to work.. he has four or five computers with their guts hanging out in the floor of the room we are supposed to be painting... he is trying his very best to build me a Franken-puter!! WHAAAAA!!!! I want mine back with my chicken pictures and all my children dancing around on the screen saver... Tana' and Jenny hopping with a beach ball between their knees!! Dave chased my chickens and posed for three hours and now my stuff is gone! gone! gone!!!! Mama said I was being mean and should be ashamed.. I am... well I'm trying to be.. OK I'm not!! I'm FRUSTRATED!!! I hope you have had a better week than me! I'm trying not to be mean.. but I am not really succeeding very well... Hopefully you will Have a great Night!!
Patsy

Oh yea and this week's advice for the kids.. Have a back-up.. a back-up plan and a back up computer!! And don't be a moron... put your important stuff on a disk!! Other than that I am too mean tonight to offer any good advice.. except well I love all Y'all bad kids..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




And...here we go!

1. One week ago _I had my computer and though it was slow it was working__.

2. _I started practicing to be mean __ when I was young.

3. Mama told me _to quit being so mean and to be ashamed_.

4. __Lets cry together_ you and me.

5. Take your time _ building the franken-puter...I'm thinking that won't work_.

6. __This too_ will pass!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _eating supper and going to bed and pouting some more_, tomorrow my plans include _Painting a room.. the new pantry_ and Sunday, I want to be over the pouting and quit being mean..(I'd really like to be on a new computer by then but we know that ain't happening!).. I'll try.. but well.. I'll try_!


4 comments:

A Lil Enchanted said...

Hi Patsy... I've read on a few blogs in the last few days that others have gotten a virus from dropping EC's. Maybe that's what happened to your computer?? I'm getting really worried now about doing my daily drops. No one is saying who they think the virus came from :( . I'm considering not dropping for a while... except maybe a few that I really trust.... I'm worried about my own computer because like you I can't afford a replacement or a repair.

Try to have a good weekend

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Unknown said...

letting you know that i am moved in and getting everything put together. i feel like i have missed out on so much stuff! i will eventually get caught up. have a wonderful day my friend...much love to you!

Maria @ Conversations with Moms said...

I've been there before and it is definitely a terrible place to be. I remember when I lost all my pictures, I felt so angry that I wouldn't be able to access those memories anymore. I guess that's the downfall of keeping everything on your computer without printing them out.

Hope you solve your problem soon.

Emily's Snapshots said...

Hey great writings mom.