Saturday, September 5, 2009

Something Simple for Saturday!

"Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath. "~ Lyndon B. Johnson

"Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you." ~ Ogden Nash

“Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.” ~ Mother Teresa of Calcutta



Are you surprised to see me here on an early Saturday morning? Me too! But even so here I am with just a little something to share.. or maybe it's not so simple.. It's another haiku.. I am constantly told by people that they don't understand Haiku and that maybe these little poems are too deep... or too complicated ... they aren't really.. it's in how you read them.. read the following Haiku til you get to the ~
then take a break.. think about it.. can you see the lioness hot and dry.. flopping down in the dry grass .. to rest.. where do lions feed?.. they feed at or near the water hole when it's dry.. now read the next line..
See they aren't really so deep that you can't get to the bottom of them.. at least mine aren't..
But, thank you for finding me that smart.. I'm not.. Feel free to leave me a comment.. I love comments.. and it lets me know who reads my stuff.. you don't have to leave your name even.. a simple YOU ROCK! always works for me.. Now I'm off to feed the chickens....
Have a great Saturday!
Patsy


~ Hungry~

weary lioness rests
under hot Savanna sun~
no water in sight

written by: Patricia Sawyer
9-4-2009

7 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

If you click on the title of your post, you can send Rich (of Weekend Wordsmith) directly to this post rather than the whole blog. Here's the URL you'd use:

http://patsyblacksawyer.blogspot.com/2009/09/something-simple-for-saturday.html

Welcome to Weekend Wordsmith! I like your haiku and the idea that, along with hunger, the lioness is also thirsty.

Pblacksaw said...

Bonnie~ thanks for the information about the link.. I did go back and change it.. I must admit that I never made a link before and had to look up how to do it.. thank you for visiting my blog..I am honored that you liked my Haiku.. Have a great day!
Patsy

Unknown said...

yes, i am surprised to see you here on a saturday, pleasantly surprised that is! great haiku! i get it.

have a wonderful weekend patsy, much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Wow...a Saturday post! I am impressed! Glad I checked tonight! Have a great weekend!

~ loves2ride

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thank YOU for visiting Weekend Wordsmith. I see you've added a link for another prompt, though I haven't read that one yet.

Pheebs said...

But see, it's still complicated to me. A lioness - I see myself as a lioness (of course I know it's the females that do the hunting - the females do all the grocery shopping!) And there she is, hot tired, worn slam out, prolly got cubs at home whining and begging and fussing, just like most lionesses...poor thing...and she has to go out and hunt when really she just want to lay on the coolness of that big rock and rest. And then there's no water! How could there not be water? It's says to me - and yeah, I'm cookoo! - that here is this woman busting her butt to keep her faily fed and happy and together and she can't even get a sip of water to quench her thirst. Stands to reason - she probably can't get anything she needs - poor lioness is gonna have a breakdown in a minute!! I feel bad for her, but i relate to her in ways that I just really don't want to relate! How do you get SO MUCH information into just a few words?? I like it!

Pblacksaw said...

Pheebs~ me a words have always liked each other.. You know that.. I sit down and they come.. lol.. Love you .. now go be a lioness..