Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Picture or two to Share ! ~ Some words for you to Ponder!

" A Photograph is a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art. It is a little better than the work of an Apache, but not quite so good as that of a Cheyenne." ~ Ambrose Bierce

"Photography helps people to see." ~ Abbott Berenice

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train." ~ Oscar Wilde



winter sniffles
snow falls in thick drifts
whitening our green landscape
I need a hanky

written by: Patricia sawyer
9-16-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
crocodile tears

hanky to dry eye
I join the thick drift
mourning my foe's death

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-16-2009


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






The Children..
front row.. Mary.. Me and Trudy on the right..
Back row.. Jimmy.. Frank.. and David holding Reuben..
I'm the cutey in the middle with the lace on my dress..They all seem to be in winter clothes except for me.. what's up with that? This seems to be a pattern in every family photo forever.. I never match! .. I love the old Photo's.. Wow no Martha.. can I fix that..??

Ah there she is and an older Reuben too..



I have so many photo's I love going through them and choosing what I want to share... I do have photo's of places and sometimes I might even share a few of them.. I really love people pictures though.. even tonight 35 years later I can see Martha hold out her hands and Say.."Me don't know!" I love my family.. Have a wonderful Night!
Patsy

11 comments:

Carletta said...

I love looking back too!
Sweet pics!
I had a yellow Easter dress I wore all year - guess I didn't have too many.
Mr. Linky never made it up. :)Round The Bend.

Anonymous said...

I love old pictures! These are sweet!
~loves2ride

kayerj said...

nice shots, and I enjoyed reading your quotes. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I love old photos. They bring back so many memories. Have a great day!

Sherrie

Heidi said...

I can see that there are a lot of stories held in those photos. Great pick for this week!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Big Time said...

Boy! I was a handsome little fellow.....

Love you. Reuben

Pblacksaw said...

Carletta~ that almost looks like an Easter dress I am wearing.. Maybe i am just fond of it..

~loves2ride~ thanks! we weren't seet kids though some of us were bad.. me for one..

Kaye~ Thanks.. I wandered down your road.. great sight..

Sherrie~ Glad you stopped by.. Have a great day!

Heidi~ I love the photo's for the stories I know and the memories the hold.. I enjoyed my stop at cake's crumb..

Big time~ yea you were a handsome little fellow.. I love you..

thanks to all who visit my blog.. Have a great day!
Patsy

maryt/theteach said...

Pblacksaw, old photos, wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing and participating in Sepia Scenes! :)

Pheebs said...

Wow - I've go to get together with you and look through some of those pictures! I'm a picture freak! Thanks for sharing - I love your poetry. Can't wait to see more! Love you Boss!!

Mott said...

Patsy, I need some of those pictures. Let's get together so you can share.....

Pblacksaw said...

Marytheteach~ i am glad you stopped by and even happier that you enjoyed your visit..

Pheebs~ when or maybe even IF I get another or my old computer back maybe I'll one day make a disk to share.. Maybe! I like hoarding my stuff.. Let's all hope my computer is not dead.. I think it is.. Dave is hoping not.. this will be the third time I lost a butt load of pictures.. I don't see that happening again. I will have a disk library of pictures IF I ever get another computer... This laptop is not mine..

Mott- we will talk about the pictures.. me and you might can make a deal.. that is provided my computer is not surely dead.. I really think it is.. I think I am bad luck for a computer..

I thank each of you who visited me here today!
Patsy