Monday, September 14, 2009

Moody Monday!

"Spending is quick; earning is slow" ~ Russian Proverb


“Be slow of tongue and quick of eye” ~ Miquel de Cervantes Saavedra


"Be slow to fall i
nto friendship, but when thou art in continue firm and constant." ~ Socrates


Today's Moody Monday theme is SLOW!


slow
1. Taking a long time to move or go a short distance, or to perform an action; not quick in motion; proceeding at a low speed.
2. Not happening in a short time; spread over a comparatively long time.
These changes in the heavens, though slow, produced Like change on sea and land, sidereal blast. — Milton
3. Of reduced intellectual capacity; not quick to comprehend.
John is very slow; he is ten seconds behind everybody else when it comes to math.
4. Not hasty; not precipitate; lacking in promptness; acting with deliberation.
He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding. — Prov. xiv. 29.
5. Behind in time; indicating a time earlier than the true time.
That clock is slow.
6. Lacking spirit; deficient in liveliness or briskness.

I could post so many things for slow.. I have so many pictures for slow..
I can't decide so Y'all know I'm going to have a blog full of photo's don't
y'all.. Take it slow.. take a few quiet minutes and enjoy visiting some scenes
of slowness from my life..I have always loved the slow times.. the moments
that we share so peacefully with others..


Slow ride! .. mama said :" watch out for Reuben"..
I would say slow down slow down don't you fall!


Slow Walk.. Emily was sick for so so long...

she was slow as Christmas.. But Cooper walked

along beside her and let her hold his hand..

(most of the time at least!)




Slow down.. Reuben, you are supposed to light

the candles before you bite the cake.. My Mom

and my Brother Reuben.. March 1970



Play it real slow... My oldest son, Anthony, and his oldest, Mason,

slowly playing music on the strange handmade instruments

at the Children's Museum in New Mexico.. July 2006





Why am I way back here and they are way up there??
Do you think I might be slow??? Maybe it was because
they don't have iced tea there.. Or grits... I was a smoker
then and was perished for country cooking and good iced tea...
and they are all young and fast.. I was looking at all the stuff..
I didn't want to rush and spill my lavender lemonade...
The shade was calling me!!
OK !OK! I'm old and I guess I am slow!!!
Have a great day!
Patsy

~ SLOW ~

Sluggish and settled
or softened with age
Low speed and laid back
a lagging old sage
Overdue and overwhelmed
out of order and old
Wound down and weary
but her heart is pure gold

Written By: Patricia Sawyer,
9-14-2009

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post!

~loves2ride

David as in DAVEY said...

As in "POKE"

Lin said...

I love your photos! That Rueben was always getting into trouble, wasn't he?!

Pblacksaw said...

loves2ride~ thanks.. I like doing the picture posts too but I always have to say something as well..

David~ I love the name.. and yep slow as in poke.. You might see yourself on here any time.. I am slow and you are eight years older than me.. you must be stalled out?! Love ya!!

Lin~ Reuben is the best little brother I have.. and funny enough Reuben very rarely got into trouble.. Mama most likely told him to bite the cake.. Now the one that always got into trouble.. was me... there are eight of us.. we watched out for each other and I guess we all got into our own share.. and sometimes we even shared getting into trouble!


Thanks to all who have stopped by and read my blog.. have a wonderful day!
patsy

Big Time said...

I had to take a bite. The rest of you would have eaten it all before I got any. Love you. Reuben

mooch said...

I like the poem. Very thoughtful and well phrased.

Pblacksaw said...

Big Time~ No we wouldn't ... well we mighta.. Love you!

Mooch~ Thanks you mooch..
Glad you enjoyed it...